The high quality components used in the production of the TF49DC result in low power consumption (will not kill your batteries) and higher quality than most OEM refrigerators. The TF49DC is built tough ... built to last ... and comes with a two year warranty.
The refrigerator holds bottles in vertical and horizontal positions. The fan-cooled compressor unit is integrated on the upper part of the refrigerator. Installation frame, adjustable thermostat and interior light are all standard features.
Other Truckfridge models include;
- TRUE 12Vdc compressor type refrigerator w/freezer for superior performance.
- High efficiency Danfoss/Secop compressor minimizes power consumption.
- Super quiet operation.
- Average power consumption under 2 amp/hour.
- Will not kill your batteries (three level battery protection).
- Installation frame, adjustable thermostat and interior light standard.
The TF49DC is the ideal built-in 12V refrigerator for highway trucks with sleeper cabs. Fits most Kenworth, Peterbilt, Freightliner Century, Columbia, Coronado, Cascadia1, Mack, and International Pro series (2009+) trucks.
*Note: The TF49DC will fit the 2018 and older Cascadia Classic and Evolution models with appropriate sized cabinets however will not fit the 2018 "New P4 Cascadia" model truck. See the TF78DC model for details. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Northern Fridge for assistance.
Camper Van / RV Fridges / VW Westfalia
The TF49 is also ideal for many RV and van applications requiring little or no alterations. The TF49 is also the fridge of choice for older Volkswagen Westfalia/ Vanagon and Mercedes Sprinter van owners.
Shore Power (110VAC)
The use of shore power eliminates the need for generators, solar power or running the vehicles engine to recharge the auxiliary deep cycle battery during long stop overs.
TF49DC can alternatively be used in shore power applications where 110VAC power is available. Simply add a 12VDC battery charger always connected to the deep cycle battery. You can plug and unplug the battery charger without affecting the fridge. Alternatively, the TF49ACDC model eliminates the need for an external battery charger.Notes:
- Freightliner Cascadia may require additional mounting plate(s) not included with fridge. See TF49-2PCAS-R and TF49-4PCAS-N installation kits under "12V Truck/Van Fridge Accessories" for details.
- Always measure your cabinet opening to insure you order the correct size fridge the first time. Cabinet opening should measure approximately 15” wide x 20.5" high x 18" deep..
- Power connection is made using T-shaped connector from the rear of the cigarette lighter plug. (NEVER USE CIGARETTE PLUG AS PERMANENT CONNECTION!).
|Size (HxWxD) inches||20 1/2"h x 15"w x 18"d|
|Gross capacity||49 litre / 1.73 cu. ft.|
|Nominal input power||60 watt/hour (5 amp/hour)|
|Average power consumption||24 watts/hour (2 amp/hour)|
|In-line fuse||15A (12VDC), 7.5A (24VDC)|
|Temperature Range||+2oC to -7oC (35oF to 18oF)|
|Air cooling||Forced with fan|
Interior light, adjustable thermostat
|Net weight (lbs)||35 lbs|
|Warranty||Two (2) year parts and labour|
Note. If in doubt about the model for your truck, always confirm by measuring the height, width and depth of the cabinet opening before ordering.
Please note that models, prices, and availability is subject to change without obligation or notice.